Andreas is qualified to practice law in Cyprus and Greece specializing in cases related to corporate disputes, multi-jurisdictional fraud claims and asset tracing. Andreas regularly advises clients on corporate matters, including issues relating to company formation, shareholder agreements, restructurings and M&A.
Furthermore, Andreas has a keen interest in cases relating to Public Procurement and Taxation Law.
His practice includes cases involving public tenders and public procurement, regulatory compliance and contentious matters of taxation law. Andreas regularly represents clients before the Tenders Review Authority, the Administrative Court and the Supreme Court.
Andreas has a law degree from the University of Athens. He also obtained an LL.M in Tax Law from Queen Mary College, University of London, and an LLM in Constitutional and Administrative law from the University of Athens.
Before returning to Cyprus, Andreas worked in Athens as a lawyer for a leading law firm and the Tax Department of one of the largest international professional services networks. Furthermore, he has completed a traineeship at the Directorate General for Taxation and Customs Union of the European Commission.
Before joining Karamanolis & Karamanolis as a Director in 2019, Andreas worked at one of the largest law firms in Nicosia.
Andreas has particular interest in a wide range of contentious matters, including:
- Corporate disputes
- Winding-up proceedings
- Fraud claims
- Asset tracing
- Bankruptcy and fraudulent transfer of asset claims
- Enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards
- Tax litigation
- White-collar crime
- Public Procurement
Andreas’ recent professional experience includes:
- Provision of legal advice and representation of clients in complex banking issues and multifaceted corporate disputes.
- Provision of legal advice and representation of clients in contentious matters of construction law and aspects of white-collar crime.
- Provision of legal advice and representation of individuals and companies before the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission in proceedings involving alleged breach of AML regulations.
- Provision of legal advice and representation of clients before the Commissioner of Taxes in proceedings for alleged tax avoidance and criminal tax evasion.
- Representation of clients before the Tenders Review Authority and the Commission for Exclusion of Economic Operators from Public Tenders,
- Representation of Clients before the Disciplinary Board of the Public Service Commission, the Disciplinary board of the Education Service Commission and the Disciplinary board of the Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber.